DIY From Houston Window Guy
The Houston Window Guy understands that not everybody wants to have someone come out and clean their windows, so I’ve put together a few quick D.I.Y. tips that you can reference to ensure you’re doing the best when cleaning your windows.Show your wife you can still do good work around the house by following these simple guidelines when you decide to take on the task of washing your own windows!
Window Cleaning Quick Tips
- Always make sure that you’re using a clean cloth or squeegee
- Stay away from chemicals that don’t say “Safe for glass”
- Using things like dish soap will leave a residue on your window and may even stain the trim or window sill.
- Be sure to use eco friendly chemicals, they may spill on your landscaping and burn it if it’s not safe!
- Always clean your windows from top to bottom
- When you’re cleaning the opposite way, all the dirt will roll down over the glass you just cleaned.
- Cleaning from top to bottom alleviates this and ensures you’re picking up all the dirt you can.
- Be careful if you’re cleaning the caulking around your window.
- Sometimes the caulking can get dirty and needs to be cleaned, if this is case, use a non abrasive rag or scrubber.
- It may take longer but, take it very slowly and be easy, if you damage the caulking it could result in a leaky window and no one wants that!
- When cleaning exterior windows on a second story, use a safe ladder and make sure to have someone holding it for you.
I hope these quick tips help you on your adventure, and remember its never too late to call a professional Houston window cleaner.