DIY Brought to You By Houston Window Guy
Pressure Washing Quick Tips
- Prior to starting this task, make sure that you read the manual for your pressure washer.
- Failing to do so could result in damage to the unit or injury.
- Make sure to keep any extension cords and the pressure washer itself away from running water.
- Make sure to dial the machine to the correct PSI.
- Never use your hand to check the pressure!!! These machines are very strong and can actually cut you!
- If it’s set too high, you can damage your stucco or remove paint from your home.
- If it’s set too low, you’re probably not going to get as much dirt removed.
- Do not hold the nozzle too close to a window, i’ve seen my neighbor doing this, when he inadvertently let go of the trigger the gun shot forward and shattered his glass.
- If you’re washing your home or driveway, be sure to start at the top of the house, or the top of the sloped driveway.
- If you work in the opposite manner, you’ll find that you need to go back over the bottom again when the dirt from the top settles.
- If you plan to use any chemicals to aid in the removal of grease or oil, be sure to protect your landscaping.
- Some of the chemicals used in the trade can be known to burn or kill plants and grass.
I hope these quick tips help you to get a cleaner exterior, and remember its never too late to call a professional pressure washer in pearland, houston or sugarland!